Some more Prewriting Questions
Question: Considering technology in general, who do you identify as being the most "technologically literate" person in your life? What makes that person's relationship with technology so special; that is, what behaviors or characteristics does he or she exhibit? Give examples. What have you learned from him or her?
Answer: When I think of a person that technologically literate I am going to have to say it would be my yearbook, graphics and photography teacher in high school. His class was my favorite class of the day. Besides the fact the schedule was laid back and you could work on your own schedule most of the time, I actually liked the things I was learning in his class. He teaches many different classes and I had the opportunity to be involved in all of the classes. He knows every question to any abode application, he is very well advanced in MAC computers and he can answer any question there is too putting a yearbook together on the computer. In his class I was always asking questions about different projects, because I knew that I did not know the answer he would be the one to ask.
Question: What’s on your desk at home? What technological devices are you carrying now? What's on your technological "wish list"?
Answer: When I think about what is on my desk at home that fits into the technological category there are many tings that come to mind. Some things sitting at my house right now on my desk include, my laptop, printer, camera, IPod, Jump drive, memory cards and probably other things that I don’t think of right away. There are not many things with me at this moment besides my cell phone and my graphing calculator, because it is all on my desk. My technological “wish list” includes an Iphone, a new camera (I am not sure which one yet), but a very cool one. At the moment I think that is all I really want in that category. Although as new technology is created my list will grow.
Question: How, when, and why do you use the technology on your desk? The technology you carry?
Answer: I use the technology I own for numerous things. My laptop and printer are used for both school and other things like (Facebook, email, MySpace and so on). I also have my camera for fun and to capture memories. I love photography and a camera is necessary for that. My IPod is purely for entertainment I love to listen to music and an IPod can be carried with me very easily. Well of course my cell phone is for communication basically. Between texting or calling someone a cell phone makes it easy to contact someone during the day.
Question: Among your friends, are you considered an "early adopter," a "late adopter," or somewhere in the middle? Why?
Answer: When it comes to technology I can catch on quite fast. It is something I am interested in and I think it is fun to work with computers and other technology. I also think that in the future everyone is going to have to be able to work with technology, because I think it is the future. Everything is going to be done by computer or work with computers at the least.
Question: Do you think there are social consequences or potential impacts on your lifestyle that depend on your technological capabilities? What might these social consequences or potential impacts be?
Answer: I think by having technological capabilities I communicate more than someone who does not use a computer. The Internet is full of communication a few examples include Facebook, MySpace, email, Twitter, Skype and this is only a tiny list compared to what the internet has to offer when it comes to technology. I even think sometimes it is easier to contact someone by computer, because there is computer access everywhere and some people even respond quicker online than by phone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment